Length: 4 days | Course #01-0208
- Enterprise architect
- Business architect
- Application architect
- Solutions architect
- Technology architect
- Data architect
- Software architect
- IT manager
- Experience in business and IT development
APG’s TOGAF 8 Certification Program is a packaging of four one-day courses for those individuals seeking to become TOGAF 8 Certified. The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF®) is the industry’s leading enterprise architecture framework based on open standards.
APG’s Blended Learning Approach involves two days of web-based tutorials (WBTs) followed by two days of instructor-led training (ILT). Please visit the APG Learning Portal information page for more details and a link to a free demonstration.
APG’s Traditional Classroom Approach is a four-day instructor-led session. Students that complete the four-day ILT session will receive access to the WBTs for personal reference. Materials are the same for both approaches.
Exclusive Feature! Via integration with the APG TOGAF Process Library (ATPL), students using the WBT can view the specific topic referenced on each slide directly in the ATPL and navigate to related topics.
Participants that successfully complete all four courses will receive TOGAF 8 Certified status from The Open Group (certification fees are included course tuition). No additional examination is required for TOGAF 8 certification.
Figure 1 Components of APG TOGAF 8 Certification Program
Blended Learning Approach
- Two days of web-based tutorial (WBT) material
- Have 30 days to complete WBT
- Can suspend WBT at any point
- Can resume WBT anytime
- Two days of instructor-led training (ILT)
- Lecture, exercises, and discussion
- Must take ILT session within 60 days of completing WBT Contact the APG Event Administrator to schedule attendance at an ILT session. Students are also granted perpetual access to the WBT materials and ATPL to support their ongoing professional development and day-to-day practice as enterprise architects.
Integration with Process Guidance
While students are taking the WBT lessons for the APG TOGAF 8 Certification Program, they can access TOGAF-specific process guidance in the APG TOGAF Process Library (ATPL). Virtually every slide in each lesson has a hyperlink in the lower left corner that takes the student directly to the original TOGAF content referenced on the slide.
- Advance through the slides for each module
- Can take notes online while viewing
- Can review previously viewed content
- Must take exam at end of module
- Cannot view notes or view previous content during exams
- Must pass exam to continue to next module
- Must review module prior to re-taking exam
- Receive certificate of completion when finished successfully
- Discuss enterprise architecture (EA) and its business context
- Review common architecture frameworks
- Discuss industry best practices for architecture development
- Discuss Architecture Development Method (ADM)
- Discuss Enterprise Continuum
- Discuss Resource Base
- Discuss TOGAF architecture views
- Become TOGAF 8 Certified