|We have finished the v1.0 release of the MDG Technology for BIZBOK® Guide for Sparx Enterprise Architect!
As we selected UML Use Case as the base element type for Value Stream, there is a default setting you need to change to allow you to resize Value Streams without a fixed aspect ratio.
Here are the instruction for changing that setting in EA v13:
- Select Start->[Workspace]->Preferences from the main menu.
- In the Preferences window, select the Objects section on the left.
- Check Allow elongated Use Cases and press OK.
You should then be able to resize Value Stream elements horizontally and vertically independent from one another.
– Information Concept: Added <<collects>>, <<relatedTo>>, and <<specializes>> relationships to UML profile and toolboxes.
– Information Concept Instance: Added <<linkedTo>> relationships to UML profile and toolboxes.
– Value Stream Stage: Deleted all tagged values except Entrance Criteria and Exit Criteria.
– Value Stream Stage: Added “Is Expanded” diagram property (available via right-mouse click on diagram) that when checked will display the name at the top, instead of in the center (when “Is Expanded” is unchecked).
– Value Stream Stage: Added “Is Decomposed” tagged value that when set to “Yes” will display a plus-sign at the bottom of the symbol (when “Is Expanded” is set to “false”).
– Value Stream: fixed issue with shape script where name was displaying outside of the border.
– Added Heatmap Status and Criticality tagged values to Value Stream and Value Stream Stage.
– Changed some base diagram types from those that have specialized UML behaviors (Sequence & Timing):
– Initiative Map diagram: Changed to Deployment.
– Strategy Map diagram: changed to Interaction Overview.
– Value Map diagram: changed to Analysis.
– Changed source role name on Initiative <<composedOf>> relationship from “Comprised Of” to “Part Of” to match other composition relationships.
– Updated all relationships that extend Association that do not have custom shape script to display arrowhead and updated toolbox icon accordingly:
– <<alignsWith>>, <<defines>>, <<funds>>, <<guides>>, <<similarTo>>, <<sourcedFrom>>
– Added Stakeholder->Owns->Objective relationship type to metamodel and profile.
– Strategy->Realizes->Objective relationship was backwards in metamodel (and profile), so reversed it.
– Stakeholder and Stakeholder Type shape scripts are truncated by a couple of pixels at the top. Fixed the shape scripts accordingly.
– Changed <<relatedTo>> to have unspecified navigability (i.e. no arrowheads on either end by default).
– Added UML <<enumeration>> to Information Map toolbox.
– Product: Added new relationships: <<bundles>> as Aggregation and <<specializes>> as Generalization.
The UML® Profile for BIZBOK® Guide is provided as is without any guarantees or warranty. In association with this solution, the Business Architecture Guild and Sparx Services North America make no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, of title, or of non-infringement of third party rights. Use of the product by a user is at the user’s risk.